Monday, August 6, 2012

This Week's Wins

What a great week to bring summer to a close and get ready for school!  ESPECIALLY during weeks like this that I'm reminded I LOVE MY CHURCH!  Here's 7 things that are super cool...


  • Website - As part of our Rooted in God's Love initiative, we've launched an all new website!  Check it out at www.campbellsvillechristianchurch.com or use the links at the top of the blog.
  • Tree - If you missed yesterday or didn't open your eyes when you walked through the foyer, there's a pretty large cherry tree in it.  AWESOME.  What's even cooler is that as a climax to the Rooted preaching series, we're going to plant that tree in Miller Park as a visual reminder of our desire to be Rooted in God's Love.  AWESOMER.  Baseball in the Spring + Blooming Cherry Tree = AWESOMEST.  I think I just made up words...
  • Initiative - Have I mentioned Rooted in God's Love?  Yeah, GREAT stuff!  Get here the next few weeks and find out what it's all about.
  • Seth Johnson - This guy continues to amaze me.  Cello, piano, video work, you name it and he has risen above the challenge!  With him I feel like you can always say, the best is yet to come.  Click on his name and friend him on facebook.
  • Expedition Celebration - Always blessed to celebrate what God has done and is doing with his people!  Congrats to Kassie Miller and Brittany Speer, the champions of this year's Expedition!  In the near future I hope to get video footage from the summer available on the blog.  Here's a few pics from the night:
    Survivors 2012!
    A great group of seniors!
    Several members of this years Top 10!

    Jack & Kassie sabotaged each other.
    The Saboteur Award winners had to hug to signify a truce.
  • Ms. Clora - Ms. Clora is a member of our congregation that is unable to attend church any longer.  I was so encouraged when I was handed this note from her this morning written to a group of students who went and visited her:

    Thank you for coming to see me and please come back! - Ms. Campbell

    I still don't know who it was, but I'm proud of you!  AWESOME WIN!
  • KidServe Celebration - Our children keep amazing me!  When given the choice at celebration night this past week to buy toys with their tickets or donate them to Blood:Water Mission, they gave!  To the tune of $180!  It was awesome to see their generosity kick in!  We are still tallying final numbers to see how many African people will receive water because of our children's efforts!  As a result of these efforts, I'M GOING BALD!  On August 15 at the end of ROOT 252 (Our new Wednesday night Children's Program) I will be shaving my head!  Kids, don't miss it!


No comments:

Post a Comment