Thursday, August 16, 2012

Get Linked Up!

Took a few days off as we hit the madness of Fall Kickoffs; They all started with a BOOM last night!  More on that in the upcoming This Week's Wins post on Monday.

For now, here's some articles of interest I picked up on this week.

Jon Acuff, one of my favorite online writers, wrote this post about Why his kids won’t use social media any time soon.  Not sure I agree with every thing he says, but a lot of great thoughts on when to let your children enter into the world of social media.

I was challenged by this article:  The Top 10 Verses For Every Preacher to Highlight in His Bible We may not all be preachers, but this list of verses is a pretty strong set for all of us who are called to the Great Commission.

As the father of the first Lawyer girl in 4 generations, I really enjoyed, and could see myself, in this article by Carlos Whitaker:  5 Reasons Why Having A Little Girl FIRST Is Better For A New Dad

Bumbo seats got recalled.  My world was shaken by this truth yesterday.  Humorous article on 8 New Ways to Use Your Recalled Bumbo Baby Seat

Pretty thorough list of PRACTICAL WAYS TO HELP CHILDREN GROW SPIRITUALLY .  As a new parent, I'd love to hear in the comments which ones you veterans think are worth investing in.  After all, I want to help my child be Rooted in God's Love.

And for your viewing pleasure...
I lost my hair last night!  More details on Monday...
Taking Root,
Blake

No comments:

Post a Comment