Monday, January 13, 2014

Time to Move

Get up!

Move!

These two commands were the dreaded phrases I heard each school day at 6:30 AM. I never needed to set an alarm as a teenager, my dad could wake up a hibernating bear sleeping off a hangover. The longer I waited, the louder and more obnoxious the calls to my room became. There really wasn't much of a choice for me to wake up and move, but nothing felt better than to lie down and rest.

Doing nothing is far easier than moving. I don't remember the last time I got winded watching TV or playing a video game. The same thing is true in taking action in our lives. The easy way is to sit back and let someone else do the work. I don't think a draft dodger has ever been shot in battle, but they surely can't be thanked for protecting civilian freedoms. Sure, MOVING means risk, but without risk there is no reward. We know this concept translates in our work, school, and relationships but we too often sit around and wait for God to move in some burning bush experience before we take our faith in Christ seriously.

Remember that true faith exists when we experience the ordinary, not as a response to the miraculous.
Let's start moving now, for Jesus said in John 20:29 "blessed are those who believe in me and have not seen."My prayer is that we can have a moving faith in Christ before we see God "move" in our lives!

In a couple weeks we are going to focus on our theme of MOVE. Take a look at the Parent  Cue article below to find out the theme in greater detail. As the weeks go by, future themes can be found on this blog. Check back regularly for updates, posts and important information.


No comments:

Post a Comment