Thursday, January 17, 2013

Teaching a Child about what happens to their Sin

It's key to really grasping the Gospel.

We've sinned.  Those sins have to go away for us to be with God in heaven.

What happens in between?

It's a tough question, and one that many of us shy away from with little children.  I read this blog post the other day that tackled the subject...

As I saw she began to grasp that idea, I proceeded to describe our particular exchange. She gave me her dirty, torn napkin (a worthless item) in exchange for my coin (a valuable item). Once I saw she understood, I proceeded to equate her dirty napkin with our sin and my valuable coin with Christ’s righteousness. When Jesus died on the cross, He took our sin from us and bore it in our place. Then, our sin is “exchanged” for Jesus’ perfect life (life without sin). If we repent and believe in Jesus, this exchange takes place and God (Holy God) sees Jesus’ perfect life when He looks upon us. That is how we are able to stand before God as sinners.

It's a great read! For the whole thing, click here.

Taking Root,

Blake

No comments:

Post a Comment